All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAges 7 to 14 years. The Middle Ages was a period of great scientific and techlogical advancement. Trade increased as towns began to grow, and medieval people found more efficient ways of doing work by inventing new machines. The inventions of the heavy plow, horseshoes, and harnesses resulted in more food to eat, and more crops for trading. Easy-to-understand text and brilliant full-colour illustrations will help children follow the advancements in medicine, military weapons, and astrology up until 1500. Topics include: The power provided by watermills and windmills for laundering clothes, casting iron, and pressing olive oil; How the development of textiles such as silks, wool, and leather affected trade with China and the Middle East in the 1200s; How African craftworkers worked with metal, and the bronze and gold sculptures and jewellery that they made; Medieval peoples belief in the four humours, and the surgical procedures and herbal remedies used; Astrological inventions such as China's water clock.
- Author(s)Joanne Findon,Marsha Groves
- PublisherCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Date of Publication20/10/2004
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleMedieval Worlds S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Content Notecolour photos & illus
- Weight168 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.81
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.58
- AU $42.85Trending at AU $49.20
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.