All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionScience for Children introduces readers to the pedagogy of primary and early childhood science education. The book pays special attention to the three strands of science, in accordance with the Australian Curriculum. It also uses the practice principles and learning outcomes of the national Early Years Learning Framework to present content for babies through to the transition into the Foundation year at school. Science for Children explores various approaches to teaching and learning in science. It covers inquiry approaches in detail; makes explicit links to the 5Es; critiques longstanding approaches, such as discovery approaches and a transmission approach; and explores Indigeus perspectives and a Vygotskian framework. This allows the reader to make informed choices about when to use a particular approach in primary classrooms and early childhood settings. Designed to prepare future educators for practice, Science for Children challenges students and offers practical classroom-based strategies for their science teaching careers.
- Author BiographyMarilyn Fleer is the Foundation Chair of Early Childhood Education at Monash University, Victoria.
- Author(s)Marilyn Fleer
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight600 g
- Width176 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.