All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do I need to kw about science to teach children in primary school? How can I make my science teaching successful? How do children learn to investigate scientifically? What are the dos and don'ts of science teaching? Written to support teachers who need to boost their science kwledge, this book covers science kwledge in sufficient breadth and depth to enable you to teach science effectively up to the end of Key Stage 2, as well as the core teaching and learning issues involved in the investigative process. Whether you are a student or a fully qualified teacher, the book is designed to help you find what you need quickly. The introduction provides a guide to how to use the book, including a table which cross references the subject kwledge against the National Curriculum, the QCA Scheme of Work and Primary Science Topics. This enables you to use the book in different ways, depending on your individual requirements. To ensure that teachers will be able to teach and respond to questions appropriately, the authors take science kwledge beyond what is required for Key Stage 2. This is important, as it helps to avoid over-simplifying concepts which can then cause misconceptions at Key Stage 3 and beyond. It also helps to broaden and develop the primary teacher's own kwledge. Science for Primary School Teachers is a core text for teachers in training, and in professional development into the induction year and beyond.
- Author BiographyHelena Gillespie is Lecturer in Education in the School of Education and Lifelong Learning at the University of East Anglia, UK. Rob Gillespie is a teacher of science at Wymondham High School, Norfolk, UK, where he is currently coordinator of Key Stage 3 Science.
- Author(s)Helena Gillespie,Rob Gillespie
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight426 g
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.