All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the Proceedings of a Conference on Scientific Aids in Hospital Diagsis held at Oxford in April 1975. The Conference, organised on inter-disciplinary lines, was the fourth to be organised by the U. K. Liaison Committee for Sciences allied to Medicine and Biology (SAMB). The subject matter is divided into six sections: Investiga- tions in Pathology, Radiation Diagstics, New Diagstic Tech- niques in Special Departments, Clinical Measurements in Wards, Coordination and Communication of Results, and finally Ergomic Contributions to Medical Diagsis. Session IV may be found of particular interest as it puts the point of view of the nurses who have to operate so many of the new machines and pieces of equipment, often under stressful conditions. We were fortunate in having as our Guest Speaker, Sir George Godber, Former Chief Medical Officer to the Department of Health and Social Security. Sir George's career has spanned the time during which very many scientific technqiues have been in- troduced into medicine and few people could be better qualified to give an overall picture of the present situation.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleDuv Wirtschaftswissenschaft
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight574 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJeremy Nicholson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1976
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.