Scientific American Biology for a Changing World by Gunjan Sinha, Michele Shuster, Matthew Tontonoz, Janet Vigna (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $253.35+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the groundbreaking partnership of W. H. Freeman and<i>Scientific American</i>comes this one-of-a-kind introduction to the science of biology and its impact on the way we live. In<i>Biology for a Changing World</i>, two experienced educators and a science journalist explore the core ideas of biology through a series of chapters written and illustrated in the style of a Scientific American article. Chapters don t just feature compelling stories of real people each chapter is a newsworthy story that serves as a context for covering the standard curriculum for the n-majors biology course. Updated throughout, the new edition offers new stories, additional physiology chapters, a new electronic Instructor's Guide, and new pedagogy.Seewhat's in theLaunchPad
- Author Biography<b>Michele Shuster</b>, Ph.D., is an associate professor in the biology department at NewMexico State University in Las Cruces, New Mexico. She focuses on the scholarship of teaching and learning, studying introductory biology, microbiology, and cancer biology classes at the undergraduate level, as well as working on several K 12 science education programs. Michele is an active participant in programs that provide mentoring in scientific teaching to postdoctoral fellows, preparing the next generation of undergraduate educators. She is the recipient of numerous teaching awards, including a the Westhafer award for Teaching Excellence at NMSU. Michele received her Ph.D. from the Sackler Schoolof Graduate Biomedical Sciences at Tufts University School of Medicine, where she studied meiotic chromosome segregation in yeast.<b>Janet Vigna, Ph.D</b>., is an associate professor in the biology department at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan. She is a science education specialist inthe Integrated Science Program, training and mentoring K 12 science teachers. Janet has 18 years of undergraduate teaching experience, with a special interest in effectively teaching biology to nonmajors. She has recently been recognized with the GVSU Outstanding Teacher Award. Her scholarly interests include biology curriculum development, the effective use of digital media in science education, and research on the effects of biological pesticides on amphibian communities.She received her Ph.D. in microbiology from the University of Iowa. <b>Matthew Tontonoz</b> has been a development editor for textbooks in introductory biology, cell biology, biochemistry, evolution, and environmental science. After a brief stint in medical school in California, he realized he was better suited to saving sentences than saving lives. He received his B.A. in biology from Wesleyan University and his M.A. in the history and sociology of science from the University of Pennsylvania. He is currently staff science writer at the Cancer Research Institute, where he covers advances in cancer immunology and blogs about the history of medicine.<b>Gunjan Sinha</b> has been writing about science for over a decade. Her articles have been published in Science, Nature Medicine, Nature Biotechnology, Scientific American, and several other magazines and journals. She holds a graduate degree in molecular genetics from the University of Glasgow, Scotland and a graduate degree in journalism from New York University. She currently works as a freelance science journalist and lives in Berlin, Germany.
- Author(s)Gunjan Sinha,Janet Vigna,Matthew Tontonoz,Michele Shuster
- PublisherW. H. Freeman
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW. H. Freeman
- Weight1179 g
- Width231 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.