All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionMany interesting behaviors of real physical, biological, ecomical, and chemical systems can be described by ordinary differential equations (ODEs). Scientific Computing with Mathematica for Ordinary Differential Equations provides a general framework useful for the applications, on the conceptual aspects of the theory of ODEs, as well as a sophisticated use of Mathematica software for the solutions of problems related to ODEs. In particular, a chapter is devoted to the use ODEs and Mathematica in the Dynamics of rigid bodies. Mathematical methods and scientific computation are dealt with jointly to supply a unified presentation. The main problems of ordinary differential equations such as, phase portrait, approximate solutions, periodic orbits, stability, bifurcation, and boundary problems are covered in an integrated fashion with numerous worked examples and computer program demonstrations using Mathematica. Topics and Features:*Explains how to use the Mathematica package ODE.m to support qualitative and quantitative problem solving *End-of- chapter exercise sets incorporating the use of Mathematica programs *Detailed description and explanation of the mathematical procedures underlying the programs written in Mathematica *Appendix describing the use of ten tebooks to guide the reader through all the exercises. This book is an essential text/reference for students, graduates and practitioners in applied mathematics and engineering interested in ODE's problems in both the qualitative and quantitative description of solutions with the Mathematica program. It is also suitable as a self-
- Author(s)Addolorata Marasco,Antonio Romano
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- Series TitleModeling and Simulation in Science, Engineering and Technology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.