Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionScientific Freedom outlines what needs to be done to restore the freedom that can transform scientific understanding. The author defines Transformative Research (Venture Research) and explains how an initiative might be designed and implemented; discusses the revolutionary concept of low-risk, high-reward research; explains the wider significance of instability, and introduces the formidable Damocles Zone; explores threats to the university as an institution; and describes how a Transformative Research initiative might work in practice.
- Author BiographyDonald W. Braben, PhD, is founder and Chief Executive of Venture Research International Ltd., and Visiting Professor at University College London. Dr. Braben spent sixteen years in nuclear structure and high-energy physics research and also held positions at the Cabinet Office in Whitehall, the Science Research Council in London, and the Bank of England. He is also the author of Pioneering Research: A Risk Worth Taking (Wiley) and To Be a Scientist.
- Author(s)Donald W. Braben
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2008
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight346 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.