All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionMobile robotics has until w focused on issues like design of controllers and robot hardware. It is w ready to embrace theoretical methods from dynamical systems theory, statistics and system identification to produce a formalized approach based on quantitative analyses and computer models of the interaction between robot, task and environment. This book is a step towards a theoretical understanding of the operation of automous mobile robots. It presents cutting-edge research on the application of chaos theory, parametric and n-parametric statistics and dynamical systems theory in this field. Practical examples and case studies show how robot behaviour can be logged, analysed, interpreted and modelled, aiding design of controllers, analysis of agent behaviour and verification of results. As the first book to apply advanced scientific methods to mobile robots it will interest researchers, lecturers and post-graduate students in robotics, artificial intelligence and cognitive science.
- Author BiographyDr Ulrich Nehmzow is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Essex, UK. The Robotics group in this department is the largest in the UK and considered to be one of the world's leading in this subject. Dr Nehmzow is the publisher of the SV London textbook, Mobile Robotics: A Practical Introduction, now in its second edition (1-85233-726-5, 2003). He has over ten years' experience in mobile robotics and is considered to be an authoritative researcher in the experimental end of the subject. The author has recently commenced a one-year research sabbatical at the University of Wollongong, Australia. He aims to use some of this year writing his book.
- Author(s)Ulrich Nehmzow
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note50 black & white tables, biography
- Weight321 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2006
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.