All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionSCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL REPORTS: How to Write and Illustrate provides step-by-step advice on tackling various tasks associated with report writing like gathering information, analyzing information, preparing an outline, writing a rough draft and revising. Many examples illustrate the processes involved at various steps. A stepwise approach to computer-assisted preparation of tables and various types of figures like line drawings, bar charts, histograms, flowcharts, etc., is provided. Also presented are suggestions about how to use commonly available computer programs to give visual shape to ideas, concepts, processes and cause and effect relations described in the text. Use of readability tests is explained as a screening system for checking comprehensibility of language used. Readers are alerted to some of the common pitfalls in science writing like redundancy, overuse of uns, un chains, excessive use of passive voice, use of overlong sentences and ambiguity. Checklist at the end of each chapter sums up the most important points. Though the primary aim of the book is to provide help in writing reports and dissertations, it can be used as a help in tackling other forms of scientific and technical writing also.
- Author BiographyB.C. Sharma.: Formal Scientist G National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi
- Author(s)B. C. Sharma
- PublisherAlpha Science International Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlpha Science International Ltd
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.