All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBake your way through the classics from Jane Eclair to Tart of Darkness, Banana Karenina and On the Rocky Road, Flapjack and the Beanstalk, Nineteen-eighty Petit Fours and many more! The most vel way to get to grips with the classics, Scone with the Wind features 75 delicious literary inspired recipes. Arranged by genre, enjoy biscuits and cakes, puddings and pies from romance and comedy through to horror and science fiction, and discover fun, edible versions of your favourite books. It includes witty introductions and amusing illustrations throughout, baking essentials and themed menus for book clubs, parties and afteron teas. The ultimate treat for book (and cake) lovers! Recipes include: Breakfast at Tiffins, Whoopie Pies and Prejudice, Key Lime and Punishment, Captain Corelli's Madeleines, To Kill a Battenberg, Finnegan's Cake, Vanity Fairy Cakes, Middlemarshmallows, Eton Mess of the D'Urbervilles, Life of Pecan Pie, Alone in Berliner, Lord of the Mille-feuilles, The War of the Viennese Whirls, James and the Giant Peach Cobbler, Much Ado About Muffins, The Cherry Pie Orchard, Scone with the Wind and more!
- Author BiographyMiss Victoria Sponge is a writer and baker born in Sandwich, Kent. She studied literature and culinary arts at the University of Madeira, graduating cream of the crop. She rose to fame as the author of such classic books as The Mona Pizza: Italian Cooking Meets Italian Art, The Codfather: Fish and Film and Madame Butterfly Buns: An Opera (Cake). She lives in Bakewell with her French financier boyfriend and their two cats, Ginger and Biscuit. Scone with the Wind is her fourth book.
- Author(s)Miss Victoria Sponge
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width143 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.