All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionAn unexpected window into a world that is beautiful, breath-taking, culturally diverse and downright exotic. Jean Muir is an American who fell in love with Scotland. Scotland: Celebrations & Soul Food is her love letter to the culture, festivals and culinary riches of that great country. Combining food and history, Jean focusses on the many unique events and celebrations within Scotland, describing the folklore, traditions and food centred around these cultural highlights. From the world famous New Year's Eve celebrations to the revelry of Up Helly Aa in Shetland, from the grandeur of the Border Ridings to ancient customs such as the Burry Man of South Queensferry, this book provides a graphical, detailed insider's view of these spectacular events. Beginning at midnight on New Year's Eve, it's an around-the-country, around-the-calendar adventure to highlight how they celebrate rth of the border - Scotland-style! Colourful and inspiring photos and historical facts lay bare the origins and meanings of the celebrations. Since there is point in having a festival without a feast, recipes are included that use regional and seasonal ingredients to give you a real feeling of participation, along with full-colour pictures. The book provides an original and invative approach to Scottish products and ingredients, creating dishes that showcase the world-class bounty of Scotland. Sit back, enjoy and prepare to see Scotland in a way you never have before.
- Author BiographyJean Muir is probably best described as an 'accidentally intrepid' American who simply sees everyday life as an adventure. A former Architectural Conservator, now mother, wife, artisan food crafter, blogger, this is her first book.
- Author(s)Jean Muir
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.