All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScotland's Castles is a beautifully illustrated celebration and account of the renaissance of Scottish castles that has taken place since 1950. Over 100 ruined and derelict buildings - from tiny towers to rambling baronial mansions - have been restored as homes, hotels and holiday lets. These restorations have mainly been carried out by new owners without any connections to the land or the family history of the buildings, which they bought as ruins. Their struggles and triumphs, including interviews and first-person accounts, form the core of the book, set in the context of the ermous social, political and ecomic changes of the late twentieth century.
- Author BiographyJanet Brennan-Inglis bought Barholm Castle in Galloway in 1999, and completed its restoration in 2006. She was awarded a doctorate for her research into Scottish castles in 2011. Janet is on the council of the Scottish Castles Association. She is secretary of the National Trust for Scotland Galloway Members Group.
- Author(s)Dr. Janet Brennan-Inglis
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note32 colour plates, 120 colour illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $11.69
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.