Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionNatives kw them. Visitors soon get to kw them. Some, like the Golf Club Captain, the Last Real Barman and the Nippy Sweetie, are endangered species; others, like the Whisky Bore and the Munrobagger, are enduring figures on the Scottish landscape. Every generation produces its own variations on the Scottish character and it doesn't take long for the newcomers to become familiar social types like the MSP, the Yooni Yah, the Rural Commuter and the Celebrity Chieftain. Julie Davidson's wickedly observed profiles are complemented by Bob Dewar's witty drawings in this roguish gallery of Scots We Ken .
- Author BiographyJulie Davidson has had a long, varied and award-winning career in Scottish and UK journalism. She was a staff writer and columnist on The Scotsman, a columnist and critic on The Herald, for whom she won five Scottish Press Awards. She has also contributed to leading London-based newspapers and magazines including The Times, TheObserver, The Daily Telegraph, Cosmopolitan and House and Garden, and was a presenter of What the Papers Say during the golden years of Granada Television.In the past 10 years she has concentrated mainly on travel writing (for which she has also won Scottish and UK awards) and was a major contributor to the Insight guides on Scotland, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Author(s)Julie Davidson
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Width170 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bob Dewar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.