All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.20Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionGary Smailes explores the darker side of Scottish history in this entertaining and informative book, written for children from 9-12. Featuring 25 true stories from the sixteenth century to the present day, Scottish Criminals introduces a motley crew of Scots (as well as a couple of heroes who might t have been so heroic after all), who have made their infamous mark in history - from pirates and murderers to thieves, outlaws and even cannibals. All are vividly brought to life by award-winning children's illustrator Scoular Anderson.
- Author BiographyGary Smailes studied for a master's degree in Military History before working as a researcher with Horrible Histories writer Terry Deary. He has written eight books on Modern Heroes for Waverley Books and four books about world-famous battles for Franklin Watts. As well as writing, Gary also runs BubbleCow, as company which helps fellow writers get published. He lives in Cheshire. Scoular Anderson has been writing and illustrating children's books for twenty years. With over 70 books in print he is one of Britain's most prolific children's authors. For Birlinn he has written and illustrated the bestselling 1314 And All That and 1745 And All That. He lives near Dunoon.
- Author(s)Gary Smailes
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication16/08/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteb&w line drawings throughout
- Weight91 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Scoular Anderson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.