All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the award-winning Scotties series of activity books, Scottish Rocks and Fossils tells the story of how Scotland's landscape has changed over the last three billion years. Did you kw that disappearing oceans, colliding continents and erupting volcaes were some of the events which helped to shape the countryside we see today? Discover how coal formed from swamps which grew in a tropical climate. Did you kw there was an ice age in Scotland which lasted for over two million years - and the ice may come back? This book helps you find out how to: make your own model volca which erupts messily - but safely; see a stalactite and stalagmite grown in just a couple of days; and, race your way around Scotland, collecting fossils as you go. Included is an 8pp black and white section with games, puzzles and drawings for colouring in, and can be used at home or photocopied by teachers for classroom use. This work is illustrated with drawings and with photographs and objects from the collections of National Museums Scotland.
- Author BiographyAlan McKirdy works for Scottish Natural Heritage. Moira McKirdy is a primary school teacher.
- Author(s)Alan McKirdy,Moira McKirdy
- PublisherNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleScotties
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations and photographs thro'out
- Width190 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Craig Ellery
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.25
- AU $7.83Trending at AU $8.38
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.