All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSay It in Scots is a series of pocket books designed to inform and entertain the reader about the wonderful, rich and varied language of Scots.Scotland is a country full of beasties, and for every bird, animal and insect that you see as you travel through towns, farmland, mountains, glens, rivers, lochs and sea, the Scots language will provide a Scots word.In Scottish Wildlife , Dr Chris Robinson of Scottish Language Dictionaries will introduce you to Big Beasties, Wee Beasties, Creepy-Crawlies and our Feathered Friends and will inform and entertain as she explains how they got their names, where to find them and how to recognise them.So welcome to the world of the coos, yowes, horney gollachs, blethering Tams and many, many more.
- Author BiographyDr Chris Robinson is the director of Scottish Language Dictionaries. She studied English Language and Literature at the University of Edinburgh and has taught Scots and English since the 1980s. She currently lectures for the University of the Highlands and Islands.
- Author(s)Chris Robinson
- PublisherBlack and White Publishing
- Date of Publication10/04/2008
- LanguageEnglish & Scots
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Series TitleSay it in Scots!
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack and White Publishing
- Content Noteb & w illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width110 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.