Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the true story of a family drug business operated across international borders. Scott was named for his older cousin Adlai Stevenson, who was a former two-time Presidential candidate and American Ambassador to the United Nations. Scott recounts a roller coaster ride through the global counterculture of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. It is a ride of flamboyant decadence and adventuresome lifestyle that eventually ends in homelessness and tragedy. It begins in his early teens when his first drug smuggling experience occurs at the self-seeking insistence of his older brother Ron. Over the course of nearly forty years, Scott travels the world inventing drug scams that continually outmaneuver the authorities. He evokes a hip, dangerous, fast-paced lifestyle by creating diversions that are unique and witty. He meets legendary artist Salvador Dali, entertainer John Belushi and such music icons as Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Carlos Santana and John Lee Hooker. He survives on smuggler's ingenuity, idiot's luck and the love of exotic women. Scott's story is infused with fascinating travels through the cultural landscapes of California, Hawaii, Europe, Morocco, Indonesia, Singapore, Bangkok and beyond. Omiusly, this path leads down a twisted road of lies and deception. It is a story of loves forged and loves lost; of selfishness, greed, deceit, lust, love, revenge and sorrow. His story proves that there is paradise for scoundrels. They all get ii in the end. This book belongs to anyone who has savored a well-told tale of adventure. High Times Magazine has placed Scoundrels in Paradise on their list of recommended books.
- Author BiographyJohn Greenburg is an acclaimed author based in Florida's Tampa Bay Area. He has spoken at the College Football Hall of Fame and has authored books on legendary players and coaches. He has also written non-fiction books on boxing, the paranormal, child sexual abuse and a daring sea captain.
- Author(s)Scott Adlai Stevenson
- PublisherBarnburner Publications
- Date of Publication19/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarnburner Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.