Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionStructures built in or near rivers and other channels can be vulnerable to scour around their foundations. If the depth of the scour becomes significant, the stability of the foundations may be endangered, with a consequent risk of damage or failure of the structure. There have been several bridge failures, resulting in transport disruption, ecomic loss and, on occasion, loss of life. The factors influencing scour are complex and vary according to the type of structure. Protection for preventing scour needs to be designed to withstand the flow forces imposed on them and have to be practical to build and install, while minimizing adverse environmental effects. This book covers the entire Scour Techlogy area and is prepared by one of the leading experts on the subject.
- Author BiographyGeorge W. Annandale, D.Ing., P.E., is an internationally known expert on scour and president of Engineering and Hydrosystems, Inc. A civil engineer with 30 years' experience, he has worked on projects involving fluvial hydraulics, sediment transport, scour and sedimentation, and hydrology and hydraulics. He is the developer of the Erodibility Index Method used to assess scour on major projects around the world, including the San Roque Dam in the Philippines, the Karahnjukar Hydroelectric Project in Iceland, and the new Woodrow Wilson Bridge in the United States. His method has also been incorporated into federal and state guidelines, including those of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, Colorado Department of Transportation, and Federal Highway Administration. Dr. Annandale has worked on projects on five continents and speaks English, German, and Afrikaans. He is author or contributing author to six books and close to 100 papers. He lives in Denver, Colorado.
- Author(s)George W. Annadale
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note200 illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byLarry Hager
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.