All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionAMENHOTEP IV, namesake and middle son of Egypt's beloved Pharaoh, is tormented by puzzling visions that come to him in the form of dreams each night and foretell of a future that he can't quite comprehend. It is a future that hints at greatness when the pantheon of Egyptian gods will bow down in reverence to this awkward, self-conscious young man. Reaching out to the priests of Amun, the wealthy and powerful priesthood that has grown fat at the right hand of more than one pharaoh, Amenhotep seeks interpretation for these visions. He is told that he must cease having the dreams or risk his soul being devoured and entrance into the eternal afterlife denied. Cease dreaming? Easier said than done. This is the story of the man who would come to be kwn as Akhenaten, heretic pharaoh, husband of the beautiful Nefertiti, father of Tutankhamun. It is a story of frightening visions come true. It is a story of war and deceit. Ultimately, it is a tale of love lost...and death found.
- Author BiographyKen Smith is a husband, father, and teacher. He has an undergraduate degree in history, a masters degree in education, and a passion for storytelling. He currently resides with his wife and two children in north suburban Chicago.
- Author(s)Ken Smith
- Date of Publication10/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAncient History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.