All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook describes 110 gill and crag scrambling routes in the south of the Lake District, with sections covering Wasdale, Ennerdale and Buttermere, Borrowdale, Thirlmere, Patterdale, Mardale and Swindale. Each route is graded from Grade 1 straightforward scrambling, through Grades 2 to 4, where the use of a rope is recommended. In addition, a star system (1 to 3 stars) highlights the best routes. The guidebook includes classic routes such as Ill Gill, Kirkfell; Broad Stand, Scafell; Striding Edge; and Pillar Rock. Each section includes a map showing the location of the scrambles, and routes are accompanied by information on the best approach, along with a sketch diagram of the crag and the route line. The book includes invaluable of advice on equipment, safety, rope techniques, and scrambling techniques, as well as tes on access and conservation. The Lake District's rich mix of rocks, gills and crags offers the scrambler a complex variety of routes, often well removed from the beaten track.
- Author BiographyBrian Evans, one of the UK's leading climbers in the 1960s and 70s, has brought his wealth of mountain experience to this guide. He and his wife are well-known figures in the outdoor community and have provided walkers with a number of exceptional guides to exploring the countryside, particularly the English Lakes, on foot. Brian is a member of the Outdoor Writers' Guild. Brian was a founder of Cicerone Press and is the authority on scrambling in the Lake District.
- Author(s)Brian Evans
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note83 colour photos and 77 maps and route diagrams
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.