All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionAn easy to use book, containing 10 engaging projects that will help you learn how to build video games with the easy to use Scratch 2.0 environment. If you are a new, or current Scratch user and would like to improve your understanding of the new Scratch 2.0 interface, and learn how to make video games, this book is ideal for you. Each project is explained in depth from start to finish, so everyone can follow along, even if you don't have much previous experience with the software. If you want to become a video game designer, this book is an easy to use and friendly guide about the world of interactive media. It will teach, challenge, and inspire you to create great interactive projects.
- Author BiographySergio van Pul is a game designer and artist interested in making interactive media entertainment. He has built games and interactive applications using Flash ActionScript. He has also worked on web designs and stylesheets, using a basic text/script editor to write raw HTML and CSS, as well as using the Drupal CMS to assemble a website. He is also familiar with visual editing tools such as Photoshop and Premiere. Sergio has worked as a freelance designer and programmer on a variety of projects, many of which involved interaction and education. During this time, he met people from Scratch Web Foundation, a Dutch organization that promotes digital design and programming knowledge in primary education. Sergio started using Scratch to teach children about programming and game design. Occasionally, he also uses Scratch as a quick and easy prototyping tool to test game interaction concepts. He likes experimenting with the program and building tutorials, examples, and complete game projects. Some of his material was printed and tested during workshop sessions for Scratch Web Foundation. This book is his first official publication. Jessica Chiang is a senior software engineer, online educator, and technology enthusiast. She has worked with a wide range of interesting and cuttingedge technologies including nuclear detector and unmanned aircraftcontrol system. Not only an inquisitive learner, she also loves to teach in class as well as online through her website (shallwelearn.com) and YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/kookoodoll). Jessica has selfpublished an ebook titled Shall We Learn Scratch Programming: E for Everyone. This book has been requested by many schools to supplement their computer science and education curriculum; one such school is Jessica's alma mater, the University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)Jessica Chang,Sergio Van Pul
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.