Screamfree Parenting: The Revolutionary Approach to Raising Your Kids by Keeping Your Cool by Hal Edward Runkel (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou Can Start a Revolution in Your Family . . . Tonight ScreamFree Parenting is t just about lowering your voice. It's about learning to calm your emotional reactions and learning to focus on your own behavior more than your kids' behavior . . . for their benefit. Our biggest enemy as parents is t the TV, the Internet, or even drugs. Our biggest enemy is our own emotional reactivity. When we say we lost it with our kids, the it in that sentence is our own adulthood. And then we wonder why our kids have so little respect for us, why our kids seem to have all the power in the family. It's time to do it differently. And you can. You can start to create and enjoy the types of calm, mutually respectful, and loving relationships with your kids that you've always craved. You can begin to revolutionize your family, starting tonight. Parenting is t about kids, it's about parents.If you're t in control, then you cant be in charge.What every kid really needs are parents who are able to keep their cool matter what. Easier said than done? Not anymore, thanks to ScreamFree Parenting, the principle-based approach that's inspiring parents everywhere to truly revolutionize their family dynamics. Moving beyond the child-centered, technique-based approaches that ultimately fail, the ScreamFree way compels you to: focus on yourselfcalm yourself down, and grow yourself up By staying calm and connected with your kids, you begin to operate less out of your deepest fears and more out of your highest principles, revolutionizing your relationships in the process.ScreamFree Parenting is t just ather parenting book. It's the first parentingbook that maintains--from beginning to end--that parenting is NOT about kids . . . it's about parents. As parents pay more attention to controlling their own behavior instead of their kids' behavior, the result is stronger, more rewarding, and more fulfilling family relationships. For those of you reading who are parents, kw parents, or have had parents, the tion that the greatest thing you can do for your children is to learn to focus on yourself may sound strange, even heretical. It's t. Here's why: we are the only ones we can control. We cant control our kids--we cant control the behavior of any other human being. And yet, so many experts keep giving us more tools ( techniques ) to help us try to do just that. And, of course, the more we try to control, the more out of control our children become. Don't make me come up there. Don't make me pull this car over. How many times do I have to tell you? Even our language suggests that our kids have control over us.It's wonder that we end up screaming. Or shutting down. Or simply giving up. And the charts, refrigerator magnets, family meetings, and other techniques in most typical parenting books just don't work. They end up making us feel more frustrated and more powerless in this whole parenting thing. This practical, effective guide for parents of all ages with kids of all ages introduces proven principles for overcoming the anxieties and stresses of parenting and setting new patterns of connection and cooperation. Well-written in an engaging, conversational tone, the book is sensible, straightforward, and based on the experiences of hundreds of actual families. It will help all parents become calming authorities in their homes, bring peace to their families today, and give kids what they need to grow into caring, self-directed adults tomorrow.
- Author BiographyHAL EDWARD RUNKEL is a licensed marriage and family therapist, relationship coach, and international speaker. He is founder and president of ScreamFree Living, Inc.--dedicated to calming the world one relationship at a time. Hal's principleshave already helped thousands of families revolutionize their relationships. He lives with his wife, Jenny, and their two children just outside Atlanta, Georgia.
- Author(s)Hal Edward Runkel
- PublisherBroadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc)
- Date of Publication19/08/2008
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc)
- Weight200 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.