All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of literature on screen is a growing area of study in schools and universities. Many students have to produce critical essays comparing the vel and film versions of a particular text. The Screen Adaptations series offers a wealth of study material: from the literary context of the original work, through to thought-provoking comparisons of the screen versions, critical commentary and the afterlife of the films. Pride and Prejudice is a classic piece of literature and any new adaptation is a major event. With several well-kwn TV and film versions available (featuring stars such as Keira Knightley) as well as a Bollywood version, discussions around how these films interpret the story, themes and characters is a popular classroom choice for students and teachers alike. This new title in the Screen Adaptations series, provides a rich source of material to help students understand and write about the reciprocal relationship between film and literature. It offers in-depth analysis of the various screen versions and alternative 'readings' as well as critical insight and an interview with writer Andrew Davies, best kwn for his 1995 BBC adaptation. Following from Shakespeare, Jane Austen on screen is w an established part of literary studies and the volume will conclude with a survey of the growing body of literature in the field.
- Author BiographyDr Deborah Cartmell is Reader in English and Head of the Graduate Centre in the Faculty of Humanities at De Montfort University. She is currently co-editing the international journal Adaptation and has completed several books on Literature on Screen. She is a general editor of the Screen Adaptations series, and a founding member of the Association of Literature on Screen.
- Author(s)Deborah Cartmell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/09/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleScreen Adaptations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.