All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGifted chef and storyteller Martha Hall Foose invites you into her kitchen to share recipes that bring alive the landscape, people, and traditions that make Southern cuisine an American favorite. Born and raised in Mississippi, Foose cooks Southern food with a contemporary flair: Sweet Potato Soup is enhanced with coconut milk and curry powder; Blackberry Limeade gets a lift from a secret ingredient cardamom; and her much-ballyhooed Sweet Tea Pie combines two great Southern staples sweet tea and pie, of course to make one phemenal signature dessert. The more than 150 original recipes are t only full of flavor, but also rich with local color and characters. As the executive chef of the Viking Cooking School, teaching thousands of home cooks each year, Foose crafts recipes that are the perfect combination of delicious, creative, and accessible. Filled with humorous and touching tales as well as useful information on ingredients, techniques, storage, shortcuts, variations, and substitutions, <i>Screen Doors and Sweet Tea</i> is a must-have for the American home cook and a must-read for anyone who craves a return to what cooking is all about: comfort, company, and good eating.
- Author BiographyMARTHA HALL FOOSE was the executive chef of the Viking Cooking School. Born and raised in the Mississippi Delta, she attended the famed pastry school Ecole Lenotre in France. She returned to Mississippi and opened Bottletree Bakery a Southern institution in Oxford and later, with her husband, Mockingbird Bakery in Greenwood. She makes her home in Tchula, Mississippi, on her family s farm with her husband and their son.
- Author(s)Martha Hall Foose
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication29/04/2008
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1038 g
- Width193 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Cook Books
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.53
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.60
- AU $21.56Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.01
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.01
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $31.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.