All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScreenwriting: Creative Labor and Professional Practice analyzes the histories, practices, identities and subjects which form and shape the daily working lives of screenwriters. Author Bridget Cor considers the ways in which contemporary screenwriters navigate and make sense of the labor markets in which they are immersed. Chapters explore areas including: * Screenwriting histories and myths of the profession * Screenwriting as creative labor * Screenwriters' working lives * Screenwriting work and the how-to genre * Screenwriting work and inequalities Drawing on historical and critical perspectives of mainstream screenwriting in the USA and UK, as well as valuable interviews with working screenwriters, this book presents a highly original and multi-faceted study of screenwriting as creative labor and professional practice.
- Author BiographyBridget Conor is a lecturer in the Department of Culture, Media and Creative Industries at King's College London and previously taught at Goldsmiths College and AUT University in Auckland. She has published in the areas of screenwriting research and creative labor studies and her previous work focused on the production of 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy in New Zealand.
- Author(s)Bridget Conor
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.