All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionIn the book, successful scriptwriter and lecturer Pat Silver-Lasky takes the reader through the basics and beyond. As she freely admits, she can't teach talent, but she can teach techniques and concepts that will make it easier for you to use your own vision and creativity successfully in today's market. The book includes: - Writing techniques: elements of the screenplay; constructing a scene; character vs. characterisation - Genres - How comedies translate in the international market - Translating a vel into a script - changing a cerebral work into a visual one - Formula writing, but good formula writing, how to break up the formula structure successfully - Procedures for getting your script accepted in the UK and in the US - Marketing and the marketplace in the 21st century, how to protect your material
- Author BiographyPat Silver-Lasky has been a scriptwriter for over 20 years. She has lectured on scriptwriting at several American Universities and was the script consultant and guest lecturer at the London International Film School for eight years until 1999. She is on the Executive Council of the Writers Guild of Great Britain, a member of BAFTA and a member of the Writers Guild of America. Born in Seattle, Washington and a former actress. She now lives in London.
- Author(s)Pat Silver-Lasky
- PublisherAnova Books
- Date of Publication30/01/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight227 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.