Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $18.00Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $30.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $36.94
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $37.73
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $45.27
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.35
- AU $15.25Trending at AU $15.56
About this product
- DescriptionScrumptious: Fabulous Food from the Birthplace of the Ashes reveals the great dishes cooked at the house when the first owner Sir William Clarke was entertaining family and guests - the same kind of fabulous food served in the Rupertswood Mansion hotel and conference centre today. Here are savoury soups and delicate mousses, roasted meats and fish, delicious vegetable fishes and salads, luscious trifles and sweet souffles, and sorbets and fruit salads. Cocktails and cricket are still popular at Rupertswood, along with scrumptious picnics and teas of finger sandwiches and freshly baked scones with cream and strawberry jam. And the pantry is stocked with bottles of preserved fruit, pickled vegetables, spicy relishes and sweet and savoury sauces. It is impossible t to be bowled over.
- Author BiographyMargaret McLelland is passionate about Rupertswood Mansion. After several decades working in marketing, tourism and event management, she took over its lease in 2007. She has brought the heritage house with its fine dining rooms back to life and established its reputation as one of Australia's most welcoming conference and function centres and a luxurious B&B.
- Author(s)Margaret McLelland
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationFrenchs Forest, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers
- Content Notecolour photographs
- Width254 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.