All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.03
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.88
About this product
- DescriptionAn authentic literary great, Singer was an author whose extraordinary talents won him a worldwide audience. And with this impressive vel, he proved that he was at the height of his creative power until his recent death at age 86. Scum evokes the teeming life of 1906 Warsaw's backstreets. Max Barabander, distraught over the recent death of his son, flees the life of wealth and respectability he has attained in Bues Aires, to return to the poverty and shadows of his youth spent in Warsaw. He fears impotence which leads him to the pursuit of mindless sex with five different women who view him only as an escape from their drab lives. The author recalls the teeming life of 1906 Jewish Warsaw in this impressive vel of changing mores and values. . .
- Author BiographyIsaac Bashevis Singer (1904-91) was the author of many novels, stories, and children's books. He received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1978.
- Author(s)Isaac Bashevis Singer
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication16/05/2003
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width171 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.