All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the costliest battles of World War II happens to be one of the least kwn. After failing to stop the attack of Admiral Takeo Kurita at Leyte Gulf, Admiral Bull Halsey made a desperate attempt to engage the Japanese Imperial Navy in a full-scale battle. Acting against better judgment and in a desperate attempt at redemption, Halsey led his crew into the raging path of a typhoon, which resulted in the loss of nearly one thousand sailors-the most costly mission of the Pacific war.
- Author BiographyBuckner F. Melton Jr. is a historian and a Distinguished Writer-in-Residence and University Press Fellow at Mercer University. He is the author of A Hanging Offense and Aaron Burr.
- Author(s)Buckner F. Melton
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication19/07/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Note8-page black & white illustrated insert
- Weight41 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.