All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery yachtsman or motorboater has at some point entertained the idea of catching their own supper, but until Sea Fishing there hasn't been a book to guide them through it. This unique handbook fills the gap. Fishing whilst cruising along the coast or at anchor isn't as easy as it might at first seem, but this practical, photographic guide shows the vice how to set up their tackle, bait the line correctly and how to work with the tide to best effect. Different fishing techniques, tackle, weights and (importantly) bait are required when sailing at speed, drifting along the coast or fishing whilst at anchor, and this book presents them all with helpful step-by-step photos and diagrams. It also details how to kill, de-scale, fillet, skin and cook your catch. There is also a fish identification section that shows every type of fish that can be caught between Scotland and Gibraltar. Updated for the second edition, there is a new section on wreck fishing, and a wider range of fish is covered. With this book, some perseverance and a little luck, anyone trying their hand will soon be able to plan for the pleasure of fresh fish cooked aboard.
- Author BiographyJim Whippy is a well known international sea angler having fished in five World Championships for the full England Boat Team. He has edited three sea angling publications, written a book and appeared on TV several times. He is currently an England selector and is working on a series of fishing DVDs.
- E-Publication DescriptionOpen Ebook
- Author(s)Jim Whippy
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteB&w Illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width170 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.