All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSea Wolves is the story of the crews who bravely manned British submarines in the Second World War. This small band of highly trained and highly skilled individuals fought in the front line for six long years, undertaking some of the most dangerous missions of the war. Britain's Sea Wolves operated close to shore in mined waters, attacking warships and heavily guarded convoys. But in the course of these vital operations, the submariners suffered devastating casualties.This is the vivid, thrilling story of the survivors and their promising young comrades who fought with such courage, in the face of the sickening terror of depth-charge attacks and the cold fear of having to escape from a sunken submarine filled with the bodies of close friends.
- Author BiographyTim Clayton is the award-winning author of a number of books on naval and military history, including Tars (winner of the Mountbatten Literary Award 2008) and Finest Hour, the best-selling book that accompanied the landmark BBC1 television series.
- PrizesLong-listed for Mountbatten Maritime Prize 2011.
- Author(s)Tim Clayton
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteSection: 16, b/w photos
- Weight325 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.