Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing an unprecedented period of industrial unrest and accumulating financial losses, the State-owned ferry company SeaFrance was finally liquidated by the Paris courts in January 2012. This book traces the post-war development of French participation in the English Channel, also briefly looking at the Dieppe Newhaven and Dunkirk - Dover operations which played such an important part in cross-Channel communications throughout the period under review.
- Author BiographyJohn Hendy was raised and educated in Dover and grew up within the sight of some of the finest short-sea vessels ever built. He published his first ship history in 1965 and since then has written extensively about the industry. In 1996, John was awarded a Masters degree by the University of London for his thesis which has since been published as Ferry Port Dover.Taking early retirement from a career in teaching, he is now able to devote more of his time to writing and lives with his wife on Romney Marsh in Kent.
- Author(s)John Hendy
- PublisherLily Publications
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationIsle of Man
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLily Publications
- Content Notecolour & b/w photos
- Weight744 g
- Width225 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.