All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
About this product
- DescriptionSeabed fluid flow involves the flow of gases and liquids through the seabed. Such fluids have been found to leak through the seabed into the marine environment in seas and oceans around the world - from the coasts to deep ocean trenches. This geological phemen has widespread implications for the sub-seabed, seabed, and marine environments. Seabed fluid flow affects seabed morphology, mineralization, and benthic ecology. Natural fluid emissions also have a significant impact on the composition of the oceans and atmosphere; and gas hydrates and hydrothermal minerals are potential future resources. This book describes seabed fluid flow features and processes, and demonstrates their importance to human activities and natural environments. It is targeted at research scientists and professionals with interests in the marine environment. Colour versions of many of the illustrations, and additional material - most tably feature location maps - can be found at www.cambridge.org/9780521819503.
- Author BiographyAlan Judd is a Fellow of the Geological Society of London and a Chartered Geologist. As an independent consultant he has undertaken consultancy projects for the petroleum and offshore site survey industries, and for the UK and US governments. Martin Hovland is a Marine Geology Specialist at Statoil ASA, Stavanger, Norway. He is a Fellow of the Geological Society of London, and a member of the American Geophysical Union and the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Author(s)Alan G. Judd,Martin Hovland
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2009
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note210 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight870 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.