All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique and timely book is a chronicle of the unrivaled political life of the late Seamus Brennan, who for over 21 years (1987-2008) served as a Government minister in nine different Departments. With a Foreword by former Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, it tells the human and personal inside story of a life in Government under Charles Haughey and Bertie Ahern - the challenges, the opportunities, the difficulties, the personalities, the thoughts and the battles inside and outside. The author worked closely with Seamus Brennan as a Government Adviser throughout the 21 years, having been appointed as his Adviser by successive Governments in a record which is unique regarding time served as well as the number of Departments. The book draws on the many conversations Seamus had with the author, and includes personal records, media commentary, Oireachtas Reports, and published accounts, along with personal recollections from a number of other close friends and colleagues who shared the political life of Seamus Brennan while he was serving the people of Ireland, his constituency of Dublin South, and his political party, Fianna Fail. With a large number of photographs, some of which have never before been published, including ones from Seamus' childhood and early life, this is an affectionate portrait of a man hailed by friend and foe as a 'master politician'. As Shane Coleman of the Sunday Tribune said of Seamus Brennan, 'Ireland was lucky to have such a man - talented, hardworking and hourable - this country deserves more politicians like Seamus Brennan'.
- Author BiographyFrank Lahiffe was appointed by successive Governments as Adviser to Seamus Brennan throughout his Government career of 21 years (1987-2008), across nine Government Departments (including a short period on the Opposition Front Bench). Frank's record of service is unique among Advisers in regard to time served and the number of Departments. He currently runs his own public relations firm, Frank Lahiffe and Associates.
- Author(s)Frank Lahiffe
- PublisherThe Liffey Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Liffey Press
- Content Note16 pages b&w photos
- Weight567 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byBertie Ahern
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.