All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe second in a series of accessible art books, Front Forty Profiles , this book features the work of Los Angeles-based artist Sean Duffy, who is well kwn for his installations and sculptures. Duffy alters or fabricates materials - from car parts to bottle caps to office furniture - in order to create pieces that are provocative and functional. He is especially kwn for his two-or-three-armed turntables that play records from various points simultaneously, creating a layered and self-referential effect. Duffy's works also explore the ways masculinity is constructed in contemporary visual culture and how these constructions are used to define the boundaries between high art and popular culture. This profile includes many full-color photographs of Duffy's work along with an essay by writer and critic Doug Harvey and an interview by art consultant Veronica Fernandez.
- Author BiographyDoug Harvey is the art critic for LA Weekly and an interdisciplinary artist. Veronica Fernandez is the principal of Fine Art Advising, an art consultancy based in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Doug Harvey
- PublisherFront Forty Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2011
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleFront Forty Profiles
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFront Forty Press
- Content Note60 colour plates
- Weight362 g
- Width179 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.