All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionSearching for the Caravan is a true story that begins in a wholesome, pastoral farming community in the Midwest, characterized by Christian principles. Eventually, Germaine's curiosity and determination led her on a journey through Europe as a single professional woman, and Asia and Southeast Asia with her husband and children. While spending seventeen years overseas-France, Switzerland, Pakistan, the Philippines, Bangladesh, Thailand and Indonesia-Germaine encountered a multitude of cultures, religions and otherworldly phemena that would ultimately clarify her own truth. Germaine's experiences-considered controversial and taboo-provoked a journey of ather sort where her belief in all things she held sacred was called into question. Desperate to return to the grace she had forsaken in her youth and to understand the mechanics-the science-behind inexplicable events, she turned to God and ancient metaphysical principles (Feng Shui, BaZi, I-Ching) to analyze the extraordinary and regain control of her life. Germaine's story started out as a life review using metaphysical principles as a tool to explain the how and why of her existence, but it ended up as an exploration of the Divine as sifted through Love and Balance. Searching for the Caravan challenges the spiritual seeker and intellectually curious, and invites you to suspend your sense of the every day rmal to suppose the every day t so rmal. It is a unique odyssey t to be missed.
- Author BiographyA NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: Thank you for your love and support and for reading my book. I appreciate the wonderful feedback, including the five star reviews that I am receiving on Amazon. Are you becoming confused about my last name? Originally, I had decided to publish under a pen name, Germaine Avila, for privacy reasons. However, after further discussion with my family, I have decided to republish under my real name, Germaine Parra. Copies with the new book cover and identity reflecting that change shall be available at the end of February 2014. Searching for the Caravan, a Reconciliation with Love, Science and Divinity is a true story, deeply personal, and written from my heart. Without the encouragement and understanding from my daughters, this story would never have been written. Many of the stories involve them when they were children, memories that could have been left untold. However, they've allowed me to write an honest memoir, believing as I do that the information surrounding our strange tales is helpful for anyone struggling with Why? or How? and have encouraged me to go forward with my real name without apprehension. My lifelong search for truth and understanding has led me to tools that unravel life's mysteries. The process of discovery and the metaphysical tools I used to give meaning to existence, feel less a victim, and take more control over my decisions has been the jewel in a complicated journey. If my story can do the same for you, then it will have been my crowning achievement. Thank you for taking me into your home and being part of my life. Love, Balance and Divinity always Germaine Germaine Parra lives in the Washington, DC area where she has begun penning her next book. She is a speaker, Feng Shui and BaZi practitioner, green technology advocate and real estate agent. Germaine enjoys music, art, design, travel, discovery, spiritual exploration, staying connected to family and friends, being a part of her daughters' lives and indulging in all things delicious and beautiful.
- Author(s)Germaine Parra
- PublisherParradigm Solutions, LLC
- Date of Publication16/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychic Powers & Parapsychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParradigm Solutions, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.