All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
About this product
- DescriptionNo one likes to be misunderstood. Misunderstandings from strangers are difficult eugh to deal with but when misunderstanding is coming from family members it is much harder to cope with. Victims of Asperger's Syndrome are often victims of misunderstanding and ridicule..... Read this book to gain a better understanding of this syndrome and how a mother helps to find ways for her son to live a more rmal life. As you follow this mother and son's amazing journey, you will also learn about many ancient Chinese legends, history, culture....and much more, such as the characteristics of this Syndrome, the details of how they explore the natural ways without any side effects to recover gradually. This book has so much to offer.... Introduction It's like a miracle to me that my son has finally completed writing his one year journey of China. It's hard to believe that a boy who brought home report cards since elementary school containing teachers comments such as; a bright boy, but... disorganized, does t work up to his potential, is using reading to escape, has little motivation to be part of the class, does t follow instruction, can t stay on task, has w finished this big project of writing a book......... Hidden disability is a killer that produces a huge amount of misunderstanding for sufferers and contributes to their frustration, depression, even self-destruction. In my son's case, we used to think he had motivation or was looking to escape, while he felt overwhelmed with information and would retreat due to his slower informational processing compared to the neural typical person. We thought he was just simply lazy or to attached to the internet and other distractions with a lack of self control when he did t hand in homework, while, in reality he had difficulty to extend his short attention span. We thought he did t pay any effort or even try when he could t learn how to tie his shoe laces or how to sweep up a room, while actually he was struggling with weak motor skills and poor body coordination. We thought he lying when he denied things when the truth was starring him in his face, such as denying t brushing his teeth when we could see his tooth brush was bone dry. We thought he was so rude when he showed some awkward speech or other socially unacceptable behavior, while he had way to understand a neural typical person's standard and lack of the social skills to start, carry, and end a conversation. Worst of all, we thought he is such a disrespecting rebelling teenager when he mumbled or gave a don't kw to any questions he was asked, while he is actually lacking the abilities in comprehension and verbal expression.
- Author BiographySean Gallagher was born in Long Island, New York, during a record-breaking blizzard in December, 1993. He grew up in Queens, New York, attending several different schools including the Lucy Moses School for Music and Hunter College High School, two prestigious schools in Manhattan. At 12 years old after 7th grade, he moved to a suburb of Los Angeles, where he lived in boredom and despair, attending 3 more schools before being taken to Asia for a year for not only more boredom and despair, but a great spiritual adventure and world-class sightseeing. Now, having all but given up his childhood dreams to start a car company and be its chief designer, he attends Mount San Antonio College in an attempt to get some sort of degree and become his own self-supporting man. He still, however, loves cars and music, especially hip-hop, and enjoys writing, especially rhythmically applied poetry.
- Author(s)Sean L Gallagher
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.