All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is written by leading authorities in red algae. All subfamilies, genera and species are described, tes on ecology and distribution given, and each named species is illustrated by one or more half-tones or line drawings showing distinctive features. User-friendly keys are provided to enable identifi cation of genera and species. Special features of this volume are the concise but comprehensive and practical introduction and a complete re-evaluation of British Isles taxa in consultation with other international specialists. This is a reprint edition of ISBN 1898298815 published in 1993.
- Author BiographyChristine Maggs joined Bournemouth University as Executive Dean of the Faculty of Science & Technology in April 2015 from Queen's University Belfast where she held the role of Head of the School of Biological Sciences and Professor of Phycology. She was appointed to Queen's in 1995 and has held the roles of Lecturer, Reader and Director of Research before taking on the role of Head of the School of Biological Sciences and Professor of Phycology. Max Hommersand is professor emeritus at the University of North Carolina. His area of research is the morphology, systematics and biography of the marine algae, with emphasis on the red algae. He has a world-wide collection of over thirty thousand specimens of marine algae for use in developmental studies.
- Author(s)Christine A. Maggs,Max H. Hommersand
- PublisherPelagic Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPelagic Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.