All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Orleans, May 1862. The largest city in the ill-starred confederacy has fallen to Union troops. Twelve-year-old Joseph Woolsack disappears from his home, putting his mother Elise into a panic and his father Angel into a rage. Elise must struggle to maintain a hold on her sanity, her son and her station, but is threatened by the resurgence of a troubling figure from her past. Their paths all intersect with General Benjamin 'the Beast' Butler, whose avarice and brutal acumen are ideally suited to the task of governing an 'ungovernable city'. With the richly historical prose that marked The Blood of Heaven, Wascom carves a gothic tale of insurrection and ill-advised romance in the city at the heart of Secessia, the rebellious just-conquered South.
- Author BiographyKent Wascom spent his childhood in Louisiana and Florida. In 2012, he won the Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival Prize for fiction for The Blood of Heaven.
- Author(s)Kent Wascom
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.