All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would you do if you were awakened in a hospital bed by a spirit talking in your head that one else could hear? What if you were only eleven years old and that spirit promised to guide you through life's hardships and lead you to greatness? Would you think you were going insane, or would you still be incent eugh to listen to that voice? That's the dilemma facing sixth-grader Jack Bucher after a nearly fatal auto accident. The year is 1970. Jack decides to listen to Zeph, his spirit mentor. Then he discovers he has a bigger problem. His family is transferred from the tiny town of Salem, Michigan, to Mexico City. Second Chance is the initial saga of Jack's trials and adventures while growing up in a foreign country filled with corruption and the hatred of Americans-where the kidnapping and murdering of foreigners is a recreational sport. It's the tale of a young man learning to cope in a new school, make new friends, while being bullied by other students, teachers, and his own father. It's also the story of a crumbling family struggling to survive as a unit in the harshness of an alien environment. Yet Zeph is always there guiding Jack through his battles and teenage frustrations. He teaches Jack how to conquer his fears and strive for his goals. He opens Jack's eyes through visitations to previous lives and possible futures. Zeph helps Jack t waste his second chance at life.
- Author BiographyDavid Booker Biography A famous quote from motivational author Napoleon Hill once hung in the football locker room at Purdue University that read, Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. I don't know if that quote helped us win any football games, but it inspired me to live my dreams. Since I was a young American teen growing up in Mexico City, I got lost in the books I read and daydreamed of the stories I'd write. It was through the loving support of my hardworking wife of nearly thirty years that I realized my dream of becoming a writer. School can teach us the basics of life. Sports can teach us loyalty, camaraderie, and hard work, but only experience can teach us the harsh realities, humor, and amiable personalities that make up a good story. My stories involve believable characters battling desperate odds in nonstop action to achieve personal goals. These characters struggle against their inner demons and faults as they learn to grow, to love, and to sacrifice for the good of all. Oh, and let's not forget the dogs. They're characters, too, and any good story has to involve man's best friend. My goal is that my stories will help a weary reader relax, forget their troubles, and escape to a vivid, exotic world of adventure that's never without its humor. My hope is that readers will love and cheer for the good guys, boo and hiss at the bad ones, and maybe come away with something for themselves when it's over. So please join me and meet characters like Jack Bucher, a teen struggling to grow up in a foreign land with the help of a spirit mentor. Meet Global Inspector Burt Campbell as he battles a corrupt military and science gone bad to save the futuristic world from destruction. Fight alongside Rex Bana as he combats serial killers and organized crime while confronting his own issues with morality. Children dream at any age. Join in these dreams and become a believer.
- Author(s)David Booker
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.