Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionSecond homes are once again a source of political and social contention in rural areas. The British government's decision to reduce Council Tax discounts on second homes in England in April 2004 has caused wide debate in local communities, local authorities, and the media. The debate has t only focused on the vexed Council Tax issue, but on wider rural housing concerns. Questions have been raised as to whether second homes are a major cause of housing affordability problems in rural areas, and whether they lead to the displacement of local people in rural communities. In the face of anecdotal evidence being presented to answer these questions, Second Homes: European Perspectives and UK Policies, offers a more comprehensive analysis of the second homes question as it w exists. This up-to-date and authoritative analysis of second homes draws on the latest research and offers a critical insight into current housing problems in rural communities. Those interested in rural and housing studies will find the book valuable.
- Author BiographyNick Gallent is Senior Lecturer at The Bartlett School of Planning, University College London, UK. Alan Mace is now Senior Lecturer at the School of Architecture and the Built Environment, University of Westminster, UK. Mark Tewdwr-Jones is Professor of Spatial Planning and Governance at The Bartlett School of Planning, University College London, UK.
- Author(s)Alan Mace,Mark Tewdwr-Jones,Nick Gallent
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/02/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 4 b&w illustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.