All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph investigates 15 L2 creative writers' social constructive power in identity constructions. Through interviews and think-aloud story writing sessions, the central study considers how L2 writer voices are mediated by the writers' autobiographical identities, namely, their sense of selves formulated by their previous language learning and literacy experiences. The inquiry takes the epistemological stance that L2 creative writing is simultaneously a cognitive construct and a social phemen and that these two are mutually inclusive. The study contributes to L2 creative writing research and L2 learner identity research and will be of benefit to researchers, language teachers and writing instructors who wish to understand creative writing processes in order to help develop their students' positive self-esteem, confidence, motivation and engagement with the L2.
- Author BiographyYan Zhao is Lecturer in Applied Linguistics in the Department of English, Culture and Communication, Xijiao-Liverpool University, PR China. Her research interests include discourse analysis, L2 creative writing, L2 identity and L2 academic writing.
- Author(s)Yan Zhao
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Series Part/Volume Number85
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight335 g
- Width154 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.