All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionSecond Language Students in English-Medium Classrooms offers a real-life practical guide to teachers that will enable them to serve students from many linguistic and cultural backgrounds effectively. Written in an accessible manner it includes numerous exemplary strategies and resources as well as practical references to the latest uses of embedded techlogy. All of these are designed to reflect contemporary practice in international schools. The book also tackles the controversial and politically-charged issues of the potentially overwhelming impact of English in global contexts and the use of students' mother-tongues in English-medium classrooms. Written by an author and researcher with over 35 years' experience, this book is an essential resource for all teachers, administrators and parents of children in international schools.
- Author BiographyCoreen Sears has worked within the world of international education as teacher, researcher and consultant for over 35 years. Her focus throughout this time has been on ways to offer effective academic and social experiences to linguistically and culturally diverse students. Her bestselling book Second Language Students in Mainstream Classrooms has supported thousands of teachers in international schools worldwide since its publication in 1998.
- Author(s)Coreen Sears
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleParents' and Teachers' Guides
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight718 g
- Width170 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.