All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the convergence of media in the largest residential virtual community to date in the gaming world: Second Life. This user content-driven platform has brought media makers and audiences together in interactive environments where news, entertainment, and art have become programming for virtual media networks with implications for traditional mainstream programming and distribution. New media moguls are emerging from Second Life and expanding to the larger Metaverse. This book explores media's role in reporting and reflecting the social, political, and ecomic issues within Second Life and beyond, and includes more than a dozen interviews of active Second Life residents.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Phylis Johnson - Sonicity Fitzroy in Second Life - is Associate Professor of Media at Southern Illinois University. She is a former academic chairperson with extensive professional media and teaching experience. She has authored two other books in media studies, along with scholarly publications and international presentations on virtual worlds and media culture. She is a virtual world journalist for Best of SL magazine and can be heard on BOSL Radio weekly. She is the machinima reviews editor for the Journal of Gaming and Virtual Worlds and the lead machinima reviewer for the Professional Machinima Artist Guild.
- Author(s)Phylis Johnson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication17/06/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number58
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight620 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.