All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionYves Bonnefoy, who will soon attain the age of ninety, has gratified his readers during the past two decades with the most prolific and invative period of his splendid lifework. This volume presents in English and French an inviting array of his recent writings, carefully selected for their literary quality as well as their broad appeal. It features several works never published before and many that have never been translated into English. The first anthology of Bonnefoy's work to appear since 1995, this collection reflects the poet's powerful engagement with the New England landscape; its quiet woods and fields have helped to shape to the pared-down aesthetic of his recent years. The book is the first to showcase t only the poetry for which Bonnefoy is justly rewned but also his inventive compositions in prose. Appropriately, the book alternates more traditional verse with freer forms, just as the author has done in several major works of the past twenty years; that symbiotic approach is one of the hallmarks of this latter phase of his art. Superbly translated by Hoyt Rogers, the collection is organized chrologically, revealing clearly how the poet continues to extend and refine his scope and style. Rogers provides a masterly introduction in which he analyzes aspects of Bonnefoy's recent writings and the second simplicity that characterizes his late work.
- Author BiographyYves Bonnefoy, a perennial favorite for the Nobel Prize, has received numerous international awards, including the Kafka Prize and the European Prize for Poetry. Hoyt Rogers translates literary works from the French, German, and Spanish.
- Author(s)Yves Bonnefoy
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2013
- Languageeng, fre
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe Margellos World Republic of Letters
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight322 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byHoyt Rogers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.