Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents the most recent theoretical, methodological, and pedagogical insights on foreign and second language learning and teaching in diverse educational settings and situations, learner populations, proficiency levels and teaching practices. Five thematic sections each include theoretical and practical approaches to second and foreign language education: * Theoretical underpinnings * Current approaches * International perspectives * Teacher preparation and professional development * The role of techlogy This is one of ten volumes of the Encyclopedia of Language and Education published by Springer. The Encyclopedia bears testimony to the dynamism and evolution of the language and education field, as it confronts the ever-burgeoning and irrepressible linguistic diversity and ongoing pressures and expectations placed on education around the world.
- Author BiographyNancy H. Hornberger is Professor of Education and Director of Educational Linguistics at the Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania. Her interests include language planning and policy; bilingualism, bilingual education and biliteracy; and the ethnography of communication. Nelleke Van Deusen-Scholl is director of the Center for Language Study at Yale University. She focuses her research on sociolinguistics and foreign language education.
- Date of Publication06/07/2010
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1370 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byNancy H. Hornberger,Nelleke van Deusen-Scholl
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.