Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- Description'Second to None: A Portrait of the Light Infantry' concentrates on the Regiment's 40 years of service to the Crown, the Nation, and to HM The Queen Mother, its much-mourned Colonel-in-Chief. the book begins with the origins of the Light Infantry and its unique ethos, recording its history from illustrious antecedent regiments through to the formation of The Rifles. It covers the activities of our battalions - both Regular and Territorial - and takes a good look inside the workings of the Regimental System with an examination of the parts played by Regimental Headquartes, The Light Infantry Association, The Bands, The Light Infantry Cadets, and the Families. All aspects of individual life are included. This is complemented by a section covering the wide variety of operations in which the Regiment took part.
- Author BiographyHaving studied history at York University, Mark Goldsack pursued an extremely successful military career, rising to prominence to become the MOD's Deputy for Ground Manoeuvre Operations.
- Author(s)Colonel Mark Goldsack
- PublisherThird Millennium Information
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThird Millennium Information
- Content Notemono & colour throughout
- Weight1636 g
- Width254 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byColonel Mark Goldsack
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.