All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionSecondary data play an increasingly important role in epidemiology and public health research and practice; examples of secondary data sources include national surveys such as the BRFSS and NHIS, claims data for the Medicare and Medicaid systems, and public vital statistics records. Although a wealth of secondary data is available, it is t always easy to locate and access appropriate data to address a research or policy question. This practical guide circumvents these difficulties by providing an introduction to secondary data and issues specific to its management and analysis, followed by an enumeration of major sources of secondary data in the United States. Entries for each data source include the principal focus of the data, years for which it is available, history and methodology of the data collection process, and information about how to access the data and supporting materials, including relevant details about file structure and format.
- Author BiographySarah Boslaugh received her PhD from the City University of New York and her MPH from Saint Louis University. She is currently a Performance Research Analyst for BJC Healthcare in Saint Louis, MO, and has previously worked as a biostatistician and methodologist at Montefiore Medical Center in New York City, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, and Washington University School of Medicine in Saint Louis. She has also written An Intermediate Guide to SPSS Programming: Using Syntax for Data Management and is editing the Encyclopedia of Epidemiology.
- Author(s)Sarah E. Boslaugh
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/04/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitlePractical Guides to Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight456 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.