All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionSecret Bideford goes behind the facade of the familiar medieval town to discover lesser-kwn aspects of its fascinating past. Bideford has many secrets, ranging from its strategic Anglo-Saxon importance to its high-profile witch trials in the seventeenth century. There are clear reminders of the town's past in its streets, waiting for you to stop, look and listen to their intriguing stories. On a journey through this ancient town, local historian Peter Christie tells these forgotten or untold tales. From its chapels, churches and graveyards to its former patrons and men of industry, Bideford is revealed to be a town of historic importance. You may think that you kw Bideford, but take ather look around and you will find more than you could possibly imagine.
- Author BiographyPeter Christie is a lecturer at Petroc College where he teaches Geography and Oral History. He is the senior district & town councilor. He's twice been Mayor of Bideford and is currently Chairman of the Bideford Bridge Trust. He was the Reviews Editor of The Local Historian for 12 years and has published over 1000 articles on the history of North Devon. A long time writer for local newspapers he currently runs the 'Yesteryear' page in the North Devon Journal and has written many books on Devon.
- Author(s)Peter Christie
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleSecrets
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note80
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.