All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.17
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn these days of ubiquitous, n-stop media and information you would think that there were few secrets anywhere left to reveal: but when it comes to Harrogate there remain a surprising number of facts and idiosyncrasies which, over the years, have remained obscure, to say the least. Secret Harrogate is an historical journey through one of England's most visited towns, unearthing nuggets of its early history and spectacular development into one of Europe's foremost spas. The book reveals and unravels scores of fascinating and little-kwn details about Harrogate that will fascinate and inform its many visitors as well as its current inhabitants, many of whom probably thought they knew it all. The book gives a unique perspective on the many less-obvious aspects of Harrogate's history and will go a long way to explaining why today's Harrogate is as it is, and how it may develop in the future.
- Author BiographyPaul Chrystal was educated at the Universities of Hull and Southampton where he took degrees in Classics and wrote his MPhil thesis on attitudes to women in Roman love poetry. He appears regularly on BBC local radio the World Service. He is the author of over fifty books on a wide range of subjects, including histories of northern places, social histories of tea and of chocolate, a history of confectionery in Yorkshire and various aspects of classical literature and Roman history.
- Author(s)Paul Chrystal
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleSecrets
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.